If you are a restaurant owner, keeping the debris and pests out of the premises is one of the challenges that you might come across. A pest-free compound is something that would please your customers. An air curtain is the best way to mitigate the problem. They are fitted over the main entrance door and create a foolproof air seal to prohibit the conditioned air from flowing out and keeping the dirt and debris away.
The bar owners and restaurateurs use the air curtains to increase the rate of customer delight. Also, it minimizes energy costs and helps in maintaining sanitation standards. Some of the other ways how a commercial air curtain would be beneficial for a restaurant are mentioned below:
- Increases Customer Comfort – In a restaurant business, where is so much competition, keeping the customers happy is a crucial aspect. Too hot or cold premises would be uncomfortable both for the customers and the staff. It is because of the air curtains that allow customers to sit or wait for a table in a comfortable, smoke-free zone close to the door. Great interior design and a good air curtain would retain the customer inside the restaurant for a longer duration.
- Reduces Energy Costs – The heating system used in restaurants can be inefficient especially at large premises with open doors. The air curtains act as an invisible door that stops the inflow of external air and keeps the interior temperature soothing. Also, it has a positive impact on your heating system and you are saved from unnecessary bills.
- Promotes a Clean Environment – The air curtains have proved to keep the restaurant environment clean and healthy by controlling the invasion of insects, dust, pollen, and fumes of the traffic. The effective seal that they form re-circulates the facility air in an even flow across an open door which makes it difficult for the outside air to flow in through the air curtain.
- Reduces Strain on Existing Heating or Cooling Systems – Through a logical air curtain, the heat loss through your restaurant doors are significantly reduced. When the heat loss is less, the heating system does not have to strain them to keep the place warm. The same mechanism applies to air conditioners during the summer period. Hence, their longevity and functional capacity increases.
- Reduces Employee Turnover, Complaints and Absenteeism – When employees are happy, they don’t take leaves. You can make your employees happy by making their place of work comfortable. Air curtains help to keep the kitchen and service entry clean and free of intoxicating fumes. An air curtain helps to keep the temperature in control which allows the employees to work efficiently minimizing absenteeism.
- Promotes the Flow of Traffic into your Restaurant – An open door of a restaurant is a sign that the restaurant is open. It is also an inviting gesture that considerably improves the traffic of the customers inside the restaurant. When you have air curtains on your doors, you don’t have to worry about the inflow of cold air even when the doors are open.
Efficient air curtains would reduce heat loss and keep your building warm which would save your money in the business. It is a cost-effective solution for a healthy environment.